We’re continuing the interviews with our children at the Ranch, and today we want to introduce you to Danny, our sweet-loving kiddo who brings joy to everyone he meets.
- What is your favorite food?
“Chicken nuggets! But I don’t eat the chicken nuggets at school because they’re gross!”
- What is your least favorite food?
“Homemade macaroni and cheese. I need to eat the Kraft Macaroni and Cheese. The stuff you mix with noodles is so good!”
- What is your favorite game?
- What is your favorite animal? What is your favorite animal on the Ranch?
“Kitty cats, possums, and hamsters. Possums are cute even though they hiss at you. We had a possum who always ate our cat food, so we named him Pinky because his tail was kind of pink. My favorite animal on the Ranch is Cocoa.”
- What is your favorite thing to do on the Ranch?
“Climb a tree and find bugs.”
- What is your favorite song?
“The chicken nugget song.”
- What is your favorite Bible story?
“I like Daniel in the lions’ den.”
- What is your favorite thing to do outside?
“Play! I like to ride my hover board.”
- What has been your favorite activity over the past year?
“Making bubbles with a hula hoop and a swimming pool. We got to put Nana inside a huge bubble!”
- Tell me something about this past year that you never want to forget.
“Going to the beach. I loved swimming in the ocean. A shark came really close to Mr. Dan. I didn’t see it, but I wish I could have. I bet it was a tiger shark.”
- What has been your favorite thing about quarantine?
“Doing school on campus and spending time together. Before, we were too busy to spend time with everyone.”
- What has been your least favorite thing about quarantine?
“We don’t get to go to many places.”
- Would you rather go to school or have school on campus? Why?
“Have school on campus. The bus takes forever and there are way too many people on there.”
- What is something you’ve learned since coming to Joy Ranch?
“I’ve learned about friendship. I never had a friend before, but then I came here. Nana and Evy were my first friends and then they became like my sisters.”
- Is there something you would like to do or a place you would like to go in the next year?
“If I’m here next year, I want to ride a boat on a lake again. I don’t know if I’ll still be here, but I hope I can. I’d love to stay here forever.”
- Do you have any special talents/skills/crazy things you can do?
“I can do cartwheels and handstands. I can also run really fast.”
- What’s your favorite part of the day?
“I like the afternoons when I can play with everybody.”
- What’s your favorite item/toy in your room and why? (What is its name if it’s a toy?)
“I like my hover board because I can ride around everywhere.”
- If you were in America’s Got Talent what would you do?
“I would do tricks and stuff. I would rather be on American Ninja Warrior. I can climb things really good, but I would want to climb barefoot.”
- What is your favorite memory verse?
“Do not fight evil with evil. Fight evil with good.” ~ Romans 12:21 (Danny wanted me to make sure I told you that this came from the Veggie Tales Bible.) 😊
- What is your favorite dish or food that you can make?
“Pancakes! It’s also a fun word to say.”
- Do you have a favorite thing to say?
“I like to say, ‘What? No!’”
- Is there anything you want to share about yourself?
“I like to catch bugs a lot, and I love Joy Ranch so much!”