After taking a break on our blog for the holidays, we are back to our kid interview series. So without further ado, meet Cheyenne, our fun-loving silly girl, who regularly makes us smile.
- What is your favorite food?
Chinese food. It was the place my mom took me for my first birthday celebration outside of the home.
- What is your least favorite food?
Chicken liver! My grandma made me try it and I only wanted to eat the first bite.
- What is your favorite game?
- What is your favorite animal? What is your favorite animal on the Ranch?
I love snakes. On the Ranch, I don’t know that this counts as an animal, but I like the fireflies that come out in the summer. I do not like the mosquitos, though!
- What is your favorite thing to do on the Ranch?
Visit Spunky (the donkey).
- What is your favorite song?
First Semester Spanish Love Song (it’s a video on YouTube for those like me who have no clue what this is.)
- What is your favorite Bible story?
I like the one about the dude who was sent to curse the Israelites, and God made the donkey talk to him so he wouldn’t do it (Balaam and the donkey).
- What is your favorite thing to do outside?
Ride my bike. I can do it onehanded and even stand up while only riding with one hand!
- What has been your favorite activity over the past year?
It wasn’t in the past year, but I really liked the giant swing at the Wilds (summer camp).
- Tell me something about this past year that you never want to forget.
How much progress I’ve made.
- What has been your favorite thing about quarantine?
I have more time to sit in my room and read because before, I didn’t have that much time to read.
- What has been your least favorite thing about quarantine?
School! It’s a whole lot harder online, like having to learn math via email.
- Would you rather go to school or have school on campus? Why?
Go to school. Because it’s easier and a lot of my teachers are pretty funny, and I’d like to have a conversation with them in person.
- What is something you’ve learned since coming to Joy Ranch?
I’ve learned about God, because a lot of the stuff I believed wasn’t actually truth. I’m also starting to learn that what happened to me wasn’t my fault.
- Is there something you would like to do or a place you would like to go in the next year?
I want to go to Biltmore Estate. I would also like to go to Universal Studios.
- Do you have any special talents/skills/crazy things you can do?
Ventriloquism. I learned from watching Darcy Lynn.
- What’s your favorite part of the day?
Nighttime. If it was allowed, I would stay up all night reading and then sleep all day.
- What’s your favorite item/toy in your room and why? (What is its name if it’s a toy?)
A lavender wrap and eye mask with beads that I got for Christmas. Plus, all my books.
- If you were in America’s Got Talent what would you do?
Ventriloquism. I would tell jokes, more than likely it would be Potter jokes.
- What is your favorite memory verse?
1 Corinthians 15:1-4. “Now I make known to you, brothers and sisters, the gospel which I preached to you, which you also received, in which you also stand, by which you also are saved, if you hold firmly to the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain. For I handed down to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and
that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures.”
- What is your favorite dish or food that you can make?
- Do you have a favorite thing to say?
I tend to quote books, especially Harry Potter.
- Is there anything you want to share about yourself?
I adore Loki and most villains. I don’t think they’re as bad as everyone else does. I think a lot of times, people are just misunderstood.